In my Bangkok apartment.
(Click on picture to enlarge).

Sunday, November 03, 2013

A Flower Extravaganza in Bangkok



Central Chitlom Department Store.  Bangkok, Thailand.  October 26, 2013.  Central Chitlom is a up-scale and very beautiful department store in the Bangkok CBD, one that I visit frequently to eat at one of its many restaurants, or to view an exhibition, or, yes, to shop a little.  Every year, it decorates its large central area with a magnificent flower exhibit that goes way beyond displaying gorgeous flowers, and lapses into true art.  This year’s exhibit was built around a theme of “east meets west.” 

The exhibit cost 150 million baht (US$5 million) to mount and it showed.  I know nothing about marketing, but it must work.  There were huge numbers of people there very evidently enjoying themselves.  As for me, I went to see the flowers, but while there, I decided to eat at one of the restaurants, and yes, I bought some things which, quite frankly, I didn’t need. 









 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Page Counters
Online Flower Delivery Service