In my Bangkok apartment.
(Click on picture to enlarge).

Friday, September 27, 2013

London's Wellington Arch





Wellington Arch.  London.  September 25, 2013.  I’ve passed the Wellington Arch for 55 years and didn’t know I could visit inside it.  Until about 12 years ago it was closed to the public inasmuch as it was used as a small police station.  When I read that it housed The Quadriga Gallery inside and that the gallery had a current exhibit about preserving post-WWII buildings of architectural note, entitled “Brutal & Beautiful: Saving the Twentieth Century,” I hastened there on an almost sunny, but warm, London fall day.  The exhibit was extremely interesting and informative, and  I spend quite a lot of time there.  The two buildings discussed with which I was familiar, were the Royal Festival Hall and Coventry Cathedral. The permanent exhibit on the 2nd floor about the history of the Wellington Arch was equally fascinating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Page Counters
Online Flower Delivery Service