In my Bangkok apartment.
(Click on picture to enlarge).

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Flower Extravaganza at Central Chitlom, Bangkok


Central Chidlom Department Store. Bangkok, Thailand. October 28, 2012. My favorite department store in Bangkok is Central Chitlom. It carries quality merchandise, lots of it, the physical plant is gorgeous, and the sales staff is plentiful, friendly and eager to please. I go there frequently not to shop (I don't buy much these days), but to eat at one of its many restaurants and its international food loft. And, that is only two stops away from my condo on the Skytrain, is an added attraction.
To celebrate its 60th anniversary, Central Chitlom held a three-day "Central Anniversary Flower Extravaganza," which was created by the Belgian master flower designer Daniel Ost. The main focus of the arrangement was a seven-story vine of flowers and arrangements in the store's central stair well, the size and grandeur of which, unfortunately, I could not begin to capture on camera. But, equally as beautiful, were the smaller arrangements extending throughout the store from the central vine. I cannot recall seeing any flower display quite this beautiful. The Flower Extravaganza was very, very well attended, and I did see many viewers carrying shopping bags as well.
















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Page Counters
Online Flower Delivery Service