In my Bangkok apartment.
(Click on picture to enlarge).

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Bosendorfer Presents Dora Deliyska


Siam Motors Building Auditorium. Bangkok, Thailand. June 16, 2012. Billed as part of "The First Bosendorfer Piano Festival in Thailand," Bulgarian pianist Dora Deliyska performed an evening of Schubert and Liszt, consisting of Liszt's "Reminiscences de Don Juan," Schubert's "Wanderer Fantasie," and two Liszt transcriptions of songs of Schubert. Deliskya was beautiful to look at, but not quite as beautiful to listen to. This was an evening of routine performances of great works, played on a new limited edition of Bosendorfer pianos with a painting of Gustav Klimt embossed on the inside of the piano top. I'm not a great fan of Bosendorfer pianos, but I think I'd tire of looking at the Klimt before I'd tire of the Bosendorfer sound.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Page Counters
Online Flower Delivery Service