In my Bangkok apartment.
(Click on picture to enlarge).

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Friendship Piano Concert


Goethe-Institut Auditorium. Bangkok, Thailand. March 8, 2013. 18 piano students from four Bangkok area universities, came together for a classical evening of piano playing. They brought with them cheering sections and lots of enthusiasm, cheering and hooting. It was a pleasant change from the usually sedate atmosphere of classical music events. Each student played a short piece from the standard classical repertoire, none of it easy to play. There were some very nice moments. I particularly liked the Faure, Bartok and a Chopin nocturne. Although a very few students didn't have a musical clue about what they were playing, most were nicely musical and there weren't any real disasters, no mean feat as they all played from memory. If I had to find one adjective to describe these young musicians, I would say that they were fearless. None the less, if I were their parents, I would make sure that each of them was pursuing a dual major.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Page Counters
Online Flower Delivery Service