In my Bangkok apartment.
(Click on picture to enlarge).

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day 6 Reds March on Bangkok


Red protesters pose for my camera


Day 6. Wednesday March 18, 2010. The red shirts continued their cursing ceremonies, today at PM Abhisit’s residence (the PM and family left the home weeks ago), which is in my neighborhood, where they again dumped blood collected from their supporters. However, the size of the mob was considerably reduced to 10,000, from its weekend high of 120,000. As the mob passed nearby my apartment, I heard their loudspeakers and Thai country music, but I didn’t go out to see them pass. However, as I went to school about two hours later, I came across a group of six red shirts, who were fixing a disabled vehicle used in the parade. In my very imperfect Thai, I asked their permission to take their pictures and we had a short, but very friendly and nice conversation. It was great fun for all of us. They liked having their picture taken and sent to America. I liked having my Thai understood. That’s known as a “win-win” situation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Page Counters
Online Flower Delivery Service